Monday, August 08, 2005

anwar wants to helm the nation

posted @ 9:58:00 AM

Malaysia-Today highlights that former DPM and finance minister Anwar Ibrahim wants to be the next Prime Minister if and when his wife's party Keadilan wins the coming general election (which must be held before March 2009). Quote:
"It does not matter if I contest or not. If the public and the electorate endorse me as their leader, then I do not even need to stand. It is a decision of the party in power. So if they want me to serve in any capacity, the party has to decide."
It will be an interesting development for Malaysia's governance, as we have been overshadowed by the "supremacy" of the BN for as long as we can remember. Maybe this will signal a change in the political climate of Malaysia, and bring better livelihood to the People. After all, if he doesn't do that great of a job, we can always vote him out 5 years later.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree

Monday, August 08, 2005 3:01:00 PM  
Blogger noodle said...

Well, I cringe thinking about Anwar as PM but I don't want BN's hold on the country's politics to be so total either.. there is no real democracy in BN, everything is cut so deep across racial lines... I'm still waiting to see what Badawi has up his sleeves in dealing with all the mess..

Friday, August 12, 2005 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger Nee Sern said...

So far, Pak Lah has been doing what the Rakyat wants, not what his political allies want.

Good news for Rakyat, bad news for him. I fear that he will be ousted unceremoniously should he step on too many UMNO tails...

Wednesday, August 17, 2005 3:33:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home